The Matrix Online Server Emulator
New users - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New users (/showthread.php?tid=1855)

Pages: 1 2

New users - Chris3310 - 30-08-2013

Hi all this is the very first forum I've ever joined so I apologise If anything is out of place or not done to 'how you like it'
Ive just downloaded the software, and trying to create a character, and reading the FAQ I sort of know what I need to do, though when Im done will it bypass the character select screen as it just stays on the same image pretty much. Quick question though, Is this a open world sort of game where everyone can do as they please? (sorry told you I was new) and I understand this is abandonware being picked up, so what Is there to do ?

RE: New users - Sirius - 30-08-2013

Well if you read FAQ you know what you can do - Wander around, explore, teleport, change your character appearance, use fx, emotes and stuff.
You create your character on website, not in-game, you create and modify your appearance trough website character editor. You can do anything you want, though there is not much to do, still there are several active players who you can meet in-game sometimes.

I hope that I helped, beacause since I am pretty much new here myself that's all I can tell you.

RE: New users - Chris3310 - 30-08-2013

Thanks for replying and clarifying that shame this has been discontinued It looked pretty awesome

It is being continued, Rajkosto is still working on it, alone he does but... he does.

Wow. Only one person ? Are you aware of anything that needs done?

Yeah, only him, from what I know this is some super high level of programming and he didn't found people with required skills who would work for free.
And no, I / we are not aware of any progress at the moment, I think there are only few people who know about work he has done so far, and I'd bet it's those who have been here since the beginning.

Hell of a lot of work for one person fair play on him though.

RE: New users - bitbomb - 31-08-2013

There's just nobody else (so far) capable of what needs to be done. Most people who ask what they can do to help either have no programming experience at all, or not nearly enough. If you're not expert level, definitely just enjoy the game and be patient. If you are an expert, maybe take a look at the old (currently running) code to start to get a feel for things. Nice sig, btw. Crappy brand but super nice photo.

RE: New users - Chris3310 - 31-08-2013

Im not at that level so yeah ill just try and enjoy it, and yeah cheers thats an old one havent taken a picture of the new one, ive gone down the ASUS route this time, works quite well with my AMD stuff.

RE: New users - bitbomb - 01-09-2013

Yeah meant to clarify, i meant 'crappy' in referecne only to the brand. Good move with Asus, make that your last Gigabyte lol. Too many years in computer repair and then IT to recommend Gigabyte to anyone, it's close to Assrock territory (Asrock). Oh and PChips. Oh yeah.